Derek has been practicing as a Physical Therapist since 2013. Following graduation from Eastern Washington University with a Doctorate in Physical Therapy, Derek began his career in the hospital setting, before joining the Summit Rehab team in May of 2014. Derek enjoys the challenge of working with various complex orthopedic conditions.
- Work Injury Management Programs
- Onsite Injury Prevention and Wellness
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- General and Complex Orthopedics
- Upper and Lower Extremity
Education and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor of Science-Exercise Science, Eastern Washington University-2010
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Eastern Washington University-2013
- Certified Functional Capacity Evaluator (CFCE)-2014
- Certified Worker’s Healthcare Provider(CWcHP)-2016
- Board Certified Orthopedic Specialist (OCS)-2018
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Washington Physical Therapy Association
- American Physical Therapy Association, Orthopaedic Section
In his free time, Derek enjoys playing ice hockey, golf, biking, and working out. He loves to watch EWU football and the Seattle Seahawks. Derek and his family live here in Spokane, where they enjoy working around their home, getting together with family and friends, spending time at their church, and going to Priest Lake, Idaho.