Shauna has been practicing as a physical therapist for over 20 years. Her career began in the field of general outpatient orthopedics and also enjoyed a short stint in acute care rehab in the hospital setting as well. Shauna has taken multiple continuing education courses specific to pelvic floor health and has passed all 3 levels of testing through the American Physical Therapy Association. She continues to pursue ongoing education related to complex pelvic floor syndromes. Shauna’s other clinical interests include the treatment of general orthopedic/joint dysfunctions whether injury induced, post-op, or chronic. She especially enjoys working with the more mature client with balance dysfunction and has taken additional coursework in this as well.
Shauna is committed to restoring optimal health and physical function through education, manual techniques, and exercises for both strength and relaxation with a focus on muscular imbalances. Shauna is passionate and committed to building trust through compassionate listening to develop unique plans of care based on each individual client’s specific needs and goals
- Pelvic rehab for adolescence and adults with bowel and bladder conditions (all genders)
- incontinence, urgency, hesitancy, and constipation
- Pelvic rehab for pain management conditions (all genders)
- Bladder dysfunction post-prostatectomy
- Pelvic floor dysfunction and back pain during pregnancy and postpartum
- Biofeedback for pelvic dysfunction
- General and complex orthopedics
- Balance and Fall Prevention
Education and Professional Certifications
- Masters in Physical Therapy, Eastern Washington University-1999
- Bachelors in Exercise Science-Brigham Young University-1997
Shauna enjoys spending time with her husband and three teenage children, especially in the outdoors of the greater Pacific Northwest. Favorite activities include cross country skiing, hiking, biking and gardening. Her bucket list includes a goal to visit every American national park! She enjoys road trips and has been to every state in the continental U.S. She is very active in volunteering at her church and in the community.