Diana Smith has been practicing as a Physical Therapist since 1998. With the goal of providing the highest quality care she has continued advancement of her clinical skills by attending multiple continuing education courses and obtaining certifications in her areas of practice. Diana has extensive and eclectic additional training in manual therapy and exercise prescription to focus on interventions to improve people’s movement patterns and to carryover successfully back into lifetime activities.
Diana has pursued ongoing training for pelvic floor and oncology rehabilitation for women and men and oversees the pelvic and cancer-related rehab program at Summit.
Diana’s additional clinical interests include treating orthopedic joint injuries of the neck, shoulder, back and knee, and post-surgical joint management for patients of all ages from those who are very active, to individuals seeking to resume their day to day activities.
“Through comprehensive assessment and research-based treatment, I individualize clients’ physical therapy to meet their goals. With ongoing education during treatment, I also address prevention and recurrence to aid self-management strategies for their long term benefit.”
- Cancer-related rehabilitation
- Pelvic rehab for bowel and bladder conditions (all genders)
- Pelvic rehab for pain management conditions (all genders)
- General and Complex orthopedic conditions
Education and Professional Certifications
- Bachelors in Human Biology with a minor in Psychology, Eastern Washington University-1996
- Masters in Physical Therapy, Eastern Washington University-1998
- Board Certified Orthopedic Specialist-2007
- Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist-2007
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist-2018
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Physical Therapy Association of Washington
- Orthopaedic Section
- Oncology Section
- Pelvic Health Section
Outside the clinic Diana enjoys camping, hiking, photography, and traveling with her family.