Back to Function
According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than one million workers suffer back injuries each year, and back injuries represent a full 20% of all workplace injuries.
Our “Back to Function” back school program gives people tools to manage the debilitating effects of back pain, and to improve safe participation in life activities. Practical techniques and strategies for performing daily activities, as well as proper exercise techniques, will minimize stress and strain, reducing the effects and probability of re-occurrence of back pain.
What Makes Our Program Unique
Our back school program includes innovative, individualized education and exercise programs focused on active participation and problem-solving to help clients apply what they learn to real-life situations. The program is ideal for people with acute injuries, post-surgical patients, and people with chronic back pain. Components include:
- Anatomy, physiology and common causes of back pain
- Core stabilization and back safe exercises
- Proper posture and movement training
- Correct body mechanics and lifting techniques
- Proper work methods and ergonomic principles
- Education in anatomy, physiology and common causes of low back pain