Work hardening is an interdisciplinary, individualized, job-specific program designed to return injured people to full-duty work. Summit Rehabilitation is a Washington State Labor & Industries approved work hardening facility. This means we work with employees to assure they return to full function, while also ensuring L&I standards compliance.
Our work hardening programs can use either real or simulated work tasks and exercises, customized to the individual and his/her job requirements.
- Job and injury specific exercise programs for strength and conditioning
- Work simulation reflective of essential job tasks
- Education in proper body mechanics and safe work methods
- Symptom management strategies
- Job Modification and equipment assessments (if needed)
- Weekly team meetings and timely documentation