Jim Strandy founded Summit Rehabilitation Associates in August of 1997. Prior to opening Summit, Jim worked as a hospital and home health physical therapist before moving into private practice in 1980. Jim began specializing in hand therapy at that time and continued his education and training in this field, eventually obtaining his specialized certification when it was first offered in 1991. While Jim’s primary interest and practice was in hand and upper extremity conditions, he began applying his treatment regimens to work place injuries and illnesses.
Jim retired from Summit Rehabilitation Associates in 2018 but will always be a part of the Summit family. While he no longer works full time, he does occasionally contract for Summit performing FCE and PGAP services.
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
Education and Professional Certifications
- Washington State University-1975
- Physical Therapy, Mayo Clinic-1977
- Certified Hand Therapist (CHT)-1991
- Certified Functional Capacity Evaluator-1995
- Certified Ergonomic Associate-2003
- Certified Isernhagen Work Systems (Work Well) Functional Capacity Evaluator-2004
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Washington Physical Therapy Associations
- Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics Inc.
- American Physical Therapy Association, Hand Rehabilitation and Private Practice Section
When he’s not working, Jim enjoys many outdoor activities that include snow skiing and water sports in the family lake cabin. Jim and his wife Cheryl have raised three children who fortunately all live in the Spokane area. He is grooming his grand kids to become the next ardent Coug fans!
Leave A Comment