Marissa joined the Summit Rehab team in September 2019 following graduation from Eastern Washington University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy Program. Prior to graduation, Marissa completed clinical rotations in outpatient settings focused on treatment of neurological diagnosis and conditions and orthopedics with a focus on post-operative and sport specific rehabilitation. While in school, Marissa also completed her LSVTBIG certification specific to treating patients with Parkinson’s.
- Neurological Diagnosis and Conditions
- Certified LSVTBIG Provider for Parkinson’s Rehab
- Work Injury Management Programs
- Post-surgical Rehabilitation and Sports Injuries
- Functional Mobility and Gait Training
- General and Complex Orthopedics
Education and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor of Science-Exercise Science, Dordt University-2016
- Certified Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVTBIG)-2018
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Eastern Washington University-2019
- Certified Functional Capacity Evaluator-2020
- American Physical Therapy Association
Outside of work, Marissa loves spending time with her husband, friends and family. Up for just about any outdoor adventure, Marissa enjoys hiking, backpacking, camping, kayaking and snowshoeing. She also loves playing and watching sports, a good cup of coffee shared with great conversation and of course dessert! Marissa’s faith is very valuable to her, and she is intentional with her time in church and ministry.